Friday, January 17, 2014

All About the Chicks


As the company prepares for the launch of Shirley's Diner Secret Supper Club next month, I have been experimenting with a variety of meals for about 4 months. Taking great pains to select quality, local ingredients and combing over dozens and dozens of recipes, the goal is to serve our guests the BEST we have to offer. 

Last night I had the pleasure of making Chicken Cacciatore which, by the way, means "hunter" in Italian.  I slow cooked the chicken for 4 hours to make it ridiculously tender, then cooked it on low with stewed tomatoes, red peppers and basil for another 20-30 minutes. Served with a simple side of rice and lightly sauteed green beans, this meal was a hit.  I decided to serve it with chick peas (or garbonzo beans), as seen in the photograph.  This is optional, but I absolutely LOVE them.
~Enjoy this one.